Conventional One Percent Down Mortgage

Riverbank Finance LLC is pleased to offer the Conventional 1% Down Mortgage with Equity Boost home loan program. In this program, you can purchase a home with 3% equity, but only 1% down payment. How does that work? You, the buyer, contribute 1% and we, your lender, contribute 2% giving you a total of 3% equity at close.

Conventional 1 Percent Down Mortgage Application

Secure No Obligation Free Expert Advice

Click to Add Co-Borrower

Security Check

To unlock application click lock below
Note: This security check is because you came directly to this page.

Online Security Policy: By submitting information, I authorize Riverbank Finance LLC to contact me via telephone, mobile device (texts) and/or email, including automated means even if your telephone number is currently listed on any state, federal or corporate Do Not Call list. This no obligation inquiry does not constitute a mortgage application. To apply now or get immediate assistance, call us at 1-800-555-2098.

History of the Conventional 1% Down Home Loan

The 1% down mortgage program is an extension of the current 3% down home loans. This program emerged in 2016 as an expansion of the Home Possible Advantage 3% down mortgage program. Currently this program is only available through Freddie Mac as part of its efforts to make homes afforable to new buyers. This new loan options allows you to purchase a home for as little as one month’s rent. Why pay a landlord when you can invest in your own property?

See our new Conventional Mortgage Calculator to estimate payments!

For more information on a Low Down Payment Conventional Mortgage, call 1-800-555-2098 or apply online today!

Conventional 1% Down Home Loan Rates

Mortgage rates for the Conventional 1% Down Mortgage Rates are very competitive. Mortgage rates are near their lowest in history, so it is a great time to purchase! Even more exciting is that we are able to offer this program with no monthly mortgage insurance (PMI). This combination of a low down payment, low mortgage rate, and no monthly mortgage insurance option makes it an unbeatable way to purchase a home!

Buy a home with a Low Down Payment: We now offer Conventional Financing with only 1% down!

1% Down Home Loan Requirements

As with any mortgage, there are restrictions and qualifications for eligibility. Borrower(s) must meet all conventional home loan requirements for credit score, income and the subject property. Below are a few program specific requirements:

  • Income limits may apply
  • Single Family homes only
  • Borrower(s) must occupy the property as primary residence
  • First Time Home Buyer online course required if borrowers have not owned a home in last 3 years
  • Borrower(s) may not have ownership interest in any other residential dwellings
  • Borrower(s) may receive their 1% down payment as a gift
  • 720+ Credit score required
  • 45% maximum Debt to Income (DTI) limits
  • 2% Gift from lender can be used for down payment only (Up to $5000 Max Gift)
  • NOTE: *Income limited to 100% of Freddie Max Area Median Income Limits (AMI), unless property is located in an underserved area census tract. Click here for more information about Michigan Income Limits for the 1% Down Mortgage.

Guidelines and Requirements for the 1% Down Home Loan

To be eligible for the 1% down home loan you must meet the standard Conventional Mortgage guidelines. Debt-to-income ratios must be in line, the property must meet minimum standards and your credit must be acceptable to be approved for Conventional Financing.

Become a Home Owner: Conventional Financing with only 1% down!

Low Down Payment Mortgage Comparison

There are several low down payment mortgage options available including the 1% down mortgage, USDA Rural Development mortgage, and the VA loan for military veterans. The biggest difference between these loan options are that USDA and VA loans are both backed by the government and have additional restrictions to qualify. The 1% Down Conventional Mortgage is a mortgage program that may allow you to avoid borrower paid PMI and drop the PMI in the future if you have it on your loan.

With 1% down loan you end up with 3% equity at the time of the purchase which is an extra bonus! The USDA Mortgage and VA loan are both zero down loans that have an insurance fee or guarantee fee added to what you borrower. Lets use a $100,000 purchase as an example: With a 1% down Conventional Mortgage you will end up with a $97,000 loan amount. With the USDA loan you will start with a $101,350 loan amount and with a VA loan you would start with a $102,150 loan amount. If you can come up with the $1000 required in this example, which can be a gift, you could potentially save thousands.

Low Down Payment Loans: Ask about other low down payment mortgage options!