Before selling your home, one the most important things to do is staging your home. Staging is making your home better looking to the eyes of the homebuyers that will be passing through. Of course you will need to take care of the basics such as cleaning and tidying up the place but also be sure to decorate the home so that the homebuyers view the house you are selling as their dream home.
Use creativity and your vision to change the house around. Here is a list of things that may have to be updated:
- Floor mats and Rugs
- Hanging Mirrors
- Plants and silk flowers
- Floor and table lamps
- Throw pillows on furniture
- Art work and Wall art
When staging your home be sure to:
- Arrange pieces of furniture in a cozy appealing manor
- Mix in themes and textiles to coordinate and bring rooms together.
- Hide knickknacks and personal memorabilia
- Add unique elements to shelving, bookcases, and fireplaces mantels to draw more attention
- Remove old magazines, paper and random clutter.
The main focus of staging should be about giving your home soul and making it stand out. Showcase the best features of the home and dress it so the home can sell itself.